Life is so good, and full and rich!
This week I wrap up summer quarter in my studies with the completion of Mind in the Cosmos (philosophy) and Wisdom of Islam (religion). The new quarter brings Wisdom of the Kabbalah, as well as Ethics in the Ministry, First Ministry and Music Ministry. For those of you just tuning in, I am enrolled in a Masters Degree program called Consciousness Studies at Holmes Institute. I periodically report on my studies under the same title as today’s post, so if you are interested, you can search the blog using the terms “consciousness studies” and you will get a complete story of the journey.
For the first time since I began school two years ago, I am seeing myself as a minister. I’m beginning to see the possibilities of a career change. I’m beginning to see that it might be possible that I could be a minister at either my own Center, or an assistant minister at another Center. When I began school, I couldn’t even consider this possibility. I enrolled in this program because I felt an unexplainable and very strong call to do so, and I’ve learned to honor those inner tugs. I was, and still am, very happy as owner of a photography studio, and can’t, at this point, ever see myself not doing professional photography on some level. But there are the outlines of some new doors beginning to emerge, far off down the hallway, and I have a bit of a clue now as to what lies behind those doors.
But in the meantime, I am two years into this journey, and have recently discovered that I am also two years out, with graduation date now set for June of 2014. In the last two years, I have learned much both academically and in my own inner journey. School continues to change me from the inside out, and I am beginning to notice outer manifestations of those changes. For example, I am now being invited to speak at other Centers and I’m good at it…very good. I’ve been trained by the best and there seems to be an innate talent that was just waiting for some training to do this work. There is more training to come too, which I’m excited about. I’ve also noticed that the people who come to me for help are now coming for different reasons. They used to come for help with outer stuff. Once they learned that the change needed to come from the inside out, they were either willing to work on that level and stuck around, or they were unwilling and left. But now they are coming to me already knowing that they want to change the insides. We can now hit the ground running with almost immediate outer manifestations reflecting the inner change that happens when one knows that is where the change needs to take place.
Speaking of inner changes, I’ve already mentioned that school continues to change me from the inside out, and it does. But the changes I am seeing in myself are deep and different than I thought they would be. What a ride this has been! There is a blooming of compassion and a more deep felt empathy for others, as well as an acknowledgement of myself and my own self worth, on a level that wasn’t there before. And I seem to be wearing my “minister’s hat” more often than not these days, and that hat is becoming more and more comfortable. I can envision the day when wearing the minister’s hat will simply be a way of being for me, no matter what I am doing on the outside.
I am excited for the long term effects of this course of study, and while I don’t know what exactly those will be, I know about some short term things that are coming up that I am very excited about. I’m going to put them in list form, because if you are interested, I think it will be easier for you to save the dates in your calendar!
1. First and most exciting of all: Third Tuesdays. I’ve put out a couple of teasers about this. Beginning the third Tuesday in October, at 6 pm, at the Lakefront Wedding Chapels and Events, we will be holding a midweek service. Once a month, beginning in October. I will be giving a talk each month (and will not rule out the possibility of guest speakers!), I have a Practitioner on board, as well as the possibility of live music! I promise: you will leave inspired. At our first Third Tuesday (October 16), we will also have a list of other activities at the Center for Spiritual Living Lake Tahoe.
2. Following the first Third Tuesday, we will present two classes. One I will be teaching. It is a non-certificated class called “Living the Serenity Prayer” It will begin Monday, October 22, at 6 pm. It’s a six week class, held for two hours each week, cost is $120 plus your cost for the book. This class will be held at the Center on Tamarack Avenue in South Lake Tahoe.
3. Also following the first Third Tuesday, Practitioner Brenda Heldoorn will be teaching a certificated class. This will be a beginner’s class, a prerequisite to all other classes taught. Time and days to be set, but I can tell you that most certificated classes are ten weeks and cost $220 plus books. This class will be held at the Center on Tamarack Avenue in South Lake Tahoe.
4. I will be teaching a certificated class down in Carson City at the Center there, beginning on Wednesday, September 12, for ten weeks, from 6 to 9 pm. It is called From Whence we Came, and is an exciting journey into the history of New Thought. Not just our own history at Centers for Spiritual Living, but all New Thought history. If you are a Practitioner and need CEUs, this class will qualify. If you are involved in any kind of New Thought organization, ours or Unity or some other one, you may be interested in this wonderful class. This one is coming up quick, so if you are interested, we need your $50 registration fee (which goes toward the $220 tuition) ASAP! And if you live in Lake Tahoe and want to car pool down with me, contact me at 530-906-9336.
5. I am offering a coaching special! Now that summer has calmed down a bit, you may be finding yourself a bit unsettled. Change is in the air, and it is not only the change in the seasons I am speaking to. You may be feeling a tug to be something different, but aren’t quite sure what that looks like, or you may have just experienced a loss and need to work through it, or you may want to make an outer change in your life. Call me to learn about how I can help you with your journey: 530-906-9336.
This has been a long post I know, but I’m so excited about all the goings on! I hope you enjoyed reading about all the news!